Portuguese Stuffed Tomato (my husband's top favorite)
- 2 tomatoes fresh ripe and firm
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs fresh red pepperbell chopped
- 1 mushroom fresh chopped
- 1 ginger size of timble chopped
- 1 oz cheddar cheese chopped
- 1 oz of cheddar cheese grated for top (reserve)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 garlic chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oven 350°F
- Reserve 1 oz of cheddar cheese grated for top (broiling)
- In a pan use a little butter and small amount of olive oil – warm up then fast-fry all ingredients except cheese, egg and breadcrumbs. Place in bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese and egg. Mix.
- Cut top of tomato – use fingers to remove the seeds – sections will show. (if tomato acidity represents a problem – sprinkle a little sugar) Fill each section with mixture.
- Cook in oven around 30 minutes uncovered.
- Take out of oven. Put on broiling. Add grated cheese over the tomatoes.
- Keep in oven till it melts and not browns. Serve right away.
SEZCHUAN CHICKEN or PARTRIDGE FILET Orange de Seville
2 WHOLE CHICKEN BREASTS (BONELESS + SKINLESS)
4 WHOLE PARTRIDGE BREASTS (BONELESS + SKINLESS)
- Juice of 2 oranges + zest of them (grate zest first) (reserve 1/4 cup)
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest (grate zest first)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 3 timble size Ginger Root chopped finely
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple or 2 inch height x 4 inch diameter
- 1 small bunch of chives finely chopped
- 1 small pimiento remove green stem only
- 1 tbs Cornstarch (add more if needed by adding 1/4 cornstarch to reserved juice)
- Cornstarch + sea salt to coat chicken filet
- 1/2 tsp Sage (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 tsp Tarragon (fresh or dry)
- 1 tbs Black Pepper
- 1/2 red curry
- Decorate with sliced almonds and black cherries deboned and slices of banana
Fryer with peanut oil
- Slice breasts into filets the measure of two fingers together in length and width where possible.
- Coat in mixture of cornstarch and sea salt and set aside. Use fryer or another wok. Pour peanut oil or light oil. Fry to a crisp. Remove and let it drain on a paper towel.
- Grate zest of 2 oranges and 1 lemon – set aside. Squeeze oranges and lemon. Pour juices in wok, add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat a little.
- In mixer/grinder add chopped ginger with the rest of the ingredients including cornstarch. Add to wok. Reduce till thick and smooth. Stir often. Make sure consistency is like a syrup before adding fried chicken or partridge.
If you love your husband like I loved him :'( he saw me cry and wanted sex. Bastard! Foolish me, I still cooked a storm for him 😉 Sex was good I guess.