SHRIMPS – EXQUISIT-OSS
Ingredients for 4 servings
Side dish – Salad with tomatoes and cucumbers (optional)
Sliced crusty bread with a few different cheeses
1.5 pounds large shrimps with shells and deveined
2 Cookie sheets
Marinade – Mixture
- Juice of 1 lime and 1 orange
- 3 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili (optional)
- 2 Chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped very fine (garlic powder will do)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Rinse shrimps and pat dry with paper towel. Add to mixture. With a large spoon, mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or more.
- Depending on the size of the shrimps, insert skewer into each shrimp (4 per skewer) delicately so not to break them. When all the shrimps are done. Turn oven to Broil.
- Place aluminum foil on cookie sheets and add the shrimp. Put shrimps in the oven. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove sheets from oven. Turn each skewer the other side. Return the shrimps in the oven but now, turn off the heat. In the meantime. Prepare your salad. Remove shrimps from cookie sheets and transfer to platter.
- Table has been set for 4. Now place your salad in the middle along with a large plater of shrimps on skewers for all to enjoy.
No bread allowed if you’re having desserts.